Dean P. Ouano, M.D.
- Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Glaucoma Surgery, Cataract Surgery
- Locations: New Bern and Morehead City, NC.
- Dr. Ouano’s Biography
- Dr. Ouano’s Curriculum Vitae
Dean Ouano M.D. is the cornea, cataract and refractive surgery specialist at the Coastal Eye Clinic and a Consulting Associate faculty member at the Duke University Department of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Dean Ouano, a board certified ophthalmologist, graduated with honors from Brown University Medical School and completed his ophthalmology residency at the University of Pennsylvania (Scheie Eye Institute). He also completed his cornea and refractive surgery fellowship training at Duke University where he was a 1995 Hornaday Fellow teaching award finalist.
Dr. Ouano’s clinical practice focuses on the medical and surgical treatment of the anterior segment of the eye, including advanced corneal transplantation techniques such as DSEK and DMEK. In addition, Dr. Ouano performs cataract surgery, Intralase LASIK, PRK, INTACS surgery for keratoconus, and surgical correction of astigmatism. Dr. Ouano also specializes in advanced forms of glaucoma surgery including Canaloplasty [insert hyperlink: www.canaloplasty.com], and treatment of complications of previous cataract surgery.
Additional Procedures for Dr. Dean Ouano:
- Advanced, small incision cataract surgery
- Intralase® LASIK (blade free LASIK)
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS), including Canaloplasty.
- DSAEK, DMEK (small incision corneal transplants)
- Ahmed Glaucoma drainage implants
- AmnioGraft® Amniotic membrane grafts for ocular surface disease
- TECNIS intraocular lens implants
- Acrysof® Toric and Tecnis® Toric lens implants for astigmatism